CarNetix Support Forum  

Go Back   CarNetix Support Forum > Main Forum > CNX-PSUmoni2140 Software

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Site Admin

Default Can Software only stop POST????

I have installed PSUmoni2140 software (1.8.3) to my DC powered MB (Commell LV 677 DC). However after doing so (but BEFORE connecting the 2140 regulator to power up or connect USB as I am using a AC/DC brick transformer to bench test) I suddenly find I can no longer get my MB to POST (no beeps and only CPU fan kicks in).

I have narrowed problem to either MB coincidently failing at same time as PSUmoni 2140 install OR this 2140 software is somehow stopping POST????

Is it possible for the 2140 software to do this???? I can't see how.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

The PSUMoni runs on top of windows and doesn't inject any code into windows or makes any changes to the BIOS.

When I've ran into this problem it's usually been: RAM, a loose power connection to a hard drive or cd-rom drive, faulty ATX cable (it took me 2 hours to find this out), or just the board is dead.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

I was just checking the Commel board specs and noticed you don't need an ATX cable.

I would check the DC voltage input and double check that it is outputting voltage that is within motherboard spec. The commel board has a pretty wide range, but I'd double check anyway. Sounds like the onboard voltage regulator is fried.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Site Admin

Thanks Goce.

It was just as I thought and a case of the MB coincidently going west at the same time as the PSUmoni 2140 install. Clearing the CMOS and I was back in business.

The combination of my high spec DC powered MB, the 2140, Centrafuse front end and 2X amps and all hooked up to a dedicated battery works a treat.
Closed Thread